A fun-messaging service is what Snapchat provides us. This post aims to give a clear understanding on Snapchat Update for iPhone,iPad, and Android. You can share pictures and videos with your friends with this Application. In this, you can add your caption and scribble on the content also. All the contents shared stays only for 10 seconds, and after that, it vanishes.
Upgrading is a crucial part for all Snapchat Online users. Because then only you will be able to check the newly added features, filters, etc. So if you are among those who are interested in using the newly released and exciting features on Snapchat for iPhone, iPad and Android keep reading the post!
We will provide you all the possible ways to Snapchat Update for iPhone and Android. You will also get to know what Snapchat update will change your status quo.
Snapchat Update for iPad and iPhone
This application is a fun-filled picture & video sharing application that provides you with a wide range of aspects. You will get to know how to install Snapchat Update for iPad and iPhone. This app also lets you post picture/video that will be only viewable for 10 seconds. After that much time, it will vanish from the phone.
To install Snapchat Update, you need to follow some easy instructions. They are as follows:
- Search for Apple App Store on iPhone or iPad. And open the store.
- Type in the search bar ‘Snapchat’.
- The app with the ‘FREE’ beside the Snapchat app name, opens the option.
- Tap on the Install button on the Application.
- Depending on your internet speed, the app will get installed on your device.
The Lenses is the feature that is the latest of all. This feature is available on Snapchat for iPhone 5 and the higher versions of it. For those using iPhone 4 or 4s, they are unable to utilize this Lenses feature, even though your Snapchat application is up-to-date.
Now to check for the Snapchat Updates and follow these instructions:
- Go to the Apple Play Store.
- You will see an ‘Updates’ tab on the bottom of the screen. Tap on that button.
- You will get a list of all the applications that needs upgrades. Search for Snapchat from the list. If you don’t see the name on the list, that simply means that the available version is the latest one.
- If it is not updated, you will find the app in the list with the ‘Snapchat Update’ button beside it. Tap on this ‘Update’ button.
- The downloading starts. It may take some time and finally you will get your Snapchat for iPhone and iPad app updated for iOS users.
Then start the Application and here comes the unusual part. You will need to enable the new features from the Settings option. Steps for it are as follows:
- Open the Snapchat for iPhone and iPad after the updating process completes.
- On the right-side top of the screen, you will get a gear shaped icon that provides you with Settings option.
- In the Additional Services category, you will get the Manage option.
- Then a list of features will be displayed. Enable the add-ons that you need for your application.
You will be upgraded to the latest version as well as newly updated features are enabled for your easy use.
Install Snapchat Update for Android
The Lenses feature is present on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and the higher versions after latest Snapchat Update. If you are still using the device with Android version 4.4 or the versions lesser than this, then you won’t be able to use the mentioned feature of Snapchat for Android, even though the Snapchat app is up-to-date.
So before updating the application, it is better to check your Snapchat for Android version. To know the Android version:
- Go to the Settings option on your device.
- Select the About device or About phone option from the list.
- In the next screen, among the different options check for the Android Version information. That will provide you with the version number of your Android device.
Now if your device is having all the version compatibility and you are ready to use the Lenses feature on Snapchat for Android, follow the steps given:
- Go to the Google Play Store of your Android device.
- Tap on the menu button presents on the top left-hand-side corner in it.
- Then select the option “My apps & games”. You will get all the applications that are installed on your device.
- Search for the Snapchat app among it. And look for ‘Update’ keyword beside the app name.
- If ‘Update’ option is there, open the application and tap on the ‘Update’ option.
In this way, you will get your Snapchat for Android Updated for your Android device. Now for enabling the Lenses feature on Application:
- Open the application.
- Tap gear kind of icon on the upper right-hand-side corner.
- In that, under Additional Service category, you will get a lot of features that need to enabled/disabled.
- Choose the ones that you need and you are ready to use them!
You will get both this including your application upgraded and feature enabling.
How to Install Snapchat for Blackberry
The App is not presently available as an official release for the Blackberry users. But using the third-party apps, you will still be able to run Snapchat for Blackberry on your device. It is not much advisable but still if you want to use, try it at your own risk.
Sadly, Application Officials has decided strictly that only the devices running the Android or iOS operating system can have the Snapchat official app on it. Still some third-party apps have managed to get the APK installed on the Snapchat for Blackberry device. Very few devices are available among the Blackberry phones having the Android app compatibility. Blackberry Z3 is one such kind of device.
Very few devices are available among the Blackberry phones having the Android app compatibility. Blackberry Z3 is one such kind of device.
Install Snapchat for Windows Phone (Updated)
It’s similar kind of story here also. Snapchat for Windows Phone is not available officially for Windows Users. There was one third-party app provider which was also removed by the Official Team. Those accounts which were using the third-party apps were locked and blocked forever by the Application Team. But why is the condition like this? There is one short incident behind this.
In 2014, Snapchat had to face serious amount of questioning regarding the user privacy policies which were found to be not followed within the application policies. Around 2,50,000 account details with username and passwords were out which showed the level of privacy that is maintained by the app team. After this incident, Snapchat Updates has been strictly maintaining the security of the users and also been very fast in dealing with the third-party apps which are out in use.
Right now, one app has been released for Windows 10 users. App is costing $1.50 for the users and having all the basic features of a normal Snapchat for Windows Phone app. We won’t recommend you to use this because not only it would be a waste of your cash but it could also alert the Official team to get your account removed forever.
I hope you understood all the concepts discussed in this post regarding Snapchat Update for iPhone,iPad, Android and Windows Phone . We look forward in keeping our readers updated with the latest news on technology. If you have got any questions or suggestions for enhancements in the quality of articles, feel free to let us know. Till then keep visiting our website Snapchat Update!